I know. I know. It is Tuesday. I am behind! Here is the 110th edition of Four Foods on Friday!
What can YOU make with
Hmmm, I would try to make a chicken sandwich! This recipe doesn’t call for bacon but I would fry some bacon and crumble it to add as a garnish. Bacon goes good with everything! I’d add the tomatoes to the side as a salad.
Hot Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Recipe courtesy Rachael Ray
* 4 pieces, 6 ounces each, boneless, skinless chicken breast
* Salt and pepper
* 1 teaspoon sweet paprika, 1 /3 palm full
* 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1/3 palm full
* A drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
Sauce for chicken:
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1/2 cup, 4 ounces, cayenne pepper sauce, preferred brand Frank’s Red Hot
* Bib or leaf lettuce leaves
* 4 crusty rolls, split
* 2 cups sour cream
* 4 scallions, thinly sliced
* 1/2 pound blue cheese, crumbled
* Small red onion, thinly sliced
* 8 ribs celery, cut into sticks
* 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into sticks
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Season chicken with salt, pepper, paprika and chili powder. Drizzle breast with a little extra virgin olive oil to coat. Pan grill chicken breasts 5 minutes on each side.
Heat a metal or oven safe glass bowl over low heat and melt butter in the bowl. Add hot sauce to the butter and combine. When the chicken breasts are done, remove from pan and add to the bowl and coat evenly with hot sauce mixture.
Place chicken breasts on bun bottoms and top with crisp lettuce. Combine sour cream, scallions and blue cheese and slather bun tops with blue cheese sour cream. Affix bun tops on sandwiches and serve with remaining sauce for dipping your veggies. Arrange Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches on dinner plates with red onion, celery and carrot sticks.