Fridays seem to come around faster than ever now that it is fairly decent outdoors. I have taken a break from reading about teaching degrees and have been pulling weeds and planting flowers. Yay!
Name four things you ate in the high school cafeteria.
1. Every morning I would pay a quarter to eat a homemade cinnamon roll. OMG! they were so good. Those were the days when I was skinny and my boyfriend, husband now, called me birdlegs.
2. Yeast rolls. Do I see a pattern here? Apparently, I liked the bakery items even then.
3. Hamburgers. Even the ones with teaching degrees scarfed down these delights.
4. taco salad I honestly can’t think of any other foods from the high school cafeteria. Maybe one of my sisters can help me!
I am thrilled to take time from looking up what mimio means and concentrate on checking out Val’s Four Foods on Friday questions. Here goes…
1. What color is the rice in your favorite fried rice? Brown. Is there another color?
2. Does your favorite fried rice have bean sprouts in it? No it doesn’t. I like bean sprouts but they aren’t in any fried rice that I have ever had.
3. Does your favorite Chinese food come in a carton or a plastic container? When we get Chinese food from our local takeout business, it is in foil containers with plastic lids. When we have leftovers boxed up at the restaurant we go to for the best Chinese food ever, they box it up in those cute white cartons.
4. How long does it take for Chinese takeout from your favorite place to be delivered We don’t have a place that delivers. That would be nice!
It is that time of the week when I have fun writing about and participating in Val’s Four Foods on Friday. You can join the fun!
1. When you have french fries at home do you make them or use frozen? I have made them from scratch just to see if I could. They sure are yummy. I don’t usually take the time though and buy them frozen. Add a little powdered ranch dressing before baking to make them even more delicious.
2. What is your favorite type of fried potato? I prefer broasted or wedges. They seem more substantial than skinny fries.
3. What do you have with your fries or potatoes? ketchup and I am bad about salting them
4. What’s your least favorite thing about french fries? That they are so fattening. Why is it that everything that tastes good is not good for us? Why oh why!
I was wondering if Val forgot to put up our questions for this weeks FFOF. While looking at my emails, I saw Facebook invites and an email from Val! Woo hoo! I love this meme.
1. How do you usually make ramen noodles? I put them in a bowl and add boiling water.
2. What’s your favorite flavor of ramen noodles?chicken
3. Do you add anything to your ramen noodles?nope
4. Is there a flavor of ramen noodles do you wish was on the market?I like your idea of alfredo.
Join us at Four Foods on Friday. Click on the picture to be taken to Val’s blog, Fun, Crafts and Recipes.
This week there are four questions about grilled cheese.
1. How do you make grilled cheese?I butter the inside and outside of two slices of bread and put 2 slices of cheese in between the bread. Put a pat of butter in a Teflon coated frying pan. Put the sandwich in the pan on medium high heat. Turn after one side is browned and then brown the other side. Cook a few seconds in the microwave to melt the cheese.
2. What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever put on your grilled cheese sandwich and did you like it? I have never deviated from the butter, bread and cheese version.
3. What’s your favorite bread for grilled cheese? Oat bread
4. Have you ever tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich using a shortcut way? (Think iron, car engine, you get the picture.)
I can remember thinking, when my children were little and underfoot a lot, it would be fun to think of some sort of invention to cook lunch while I was busy with the kids. You know, it would do the cooking so I could spend some fun time with my kids. As a kid, I watched The Jetsons cartoon. They had Rosie the Robot who could turn out dinner in a jiffy. I have never actually cooked grilled cheese in any way except in a skillet or the grill. It would be nice to have a robot to do the cooking!
I few weeks ago, I was using my rubber whisk with its teflon type coating and thought utensil favorites would be a fun thing for a FFoF theme. Val acted on my suggestion and here is this weeks question.
What are your four favorite kitchen utensils?
1. rubber whisk
2. flat skillet
3. 2 cup measuring cup
4. mini onion chopper
This week’s questions are about common food thoughts or myths that I’ve heard from other people.
1. Bananas. Do you think the smaller ones are sweeter? (I don’t.)
I have never noticed the smaller ones to taste any different.
2. Watermelon. Do you think that if the outside is darker green that it means the watermelon is sweeter? (I never really thought about it but will have to check it out this summer.)
I thought that you had to thump them to see if they were ripe. Sweet watermelons, fat burners for men, I have no knowledge of either.
3. Grapes. Do you think the round globe shaped ones are sweeter than the more ovalish shaped ones? (Not sure, I’ll have to test this theory.)
I don’t know either but I do love grapes, unless they have seeds.
4. Pears. Do canned pears taste completely different than fresh pears? (I think so.)
Yes, I have trouble buying ripe pears.
This week’s question. What product do you wish a brand would come out with based on something it already makes?
Marie Callendar ~ the chunks of chicken they have in their pot pies
This is a hard one! I am going to have to go to the pantry and think on this!
Can you believe we are up to #129 on Four foods on Friday? It is so much fun. You should participate. Simply click on the icon and you will be directed to Val’s blog, Fun Crafts and Recipes. She reviews products and has wonderful recipes to share.
This weeks question:
This week’s question is, Do you have any food quirks?
Okay, after thinking long and hard about this, I came up with a couple of quirks about my food habits.
I cannot stand old, mushy bananas. I feel really guilty though when I throw them out. I feel like I should make banana bread out of them but don’t need the calories. I love banana bread!
I have to shake the salt shaker on my food. I don’t even taste the food to see if it needs salt. I am so bad.
I don’t cook very much. You will find my husband in the kitchen using his new cookware. Yes, it is his cookware. I am allowed to use it occasionally. He is very picky about his knives. He is a collector of custom knives. He does not use his Spyderco Persian knife in the kitchen. No, he has Wolfgang Puck knives for that. I love that he cooks. I would rather clean the house and sew.
You would think that with the new year being new and all, I would be able to be on time. I have so much book work with our business that I find myself trying to decide whether to tackle the end of the year books or write my reviews that have been due for a while. Decisions, decisions!
All stressing aside, here is last weeks Four Foods on Friday question….
Tell me four hot teas you like or don’t like.
Oh no! I am not a tea drinker. I have no idea what types of tea are out there. I only think of tea when I am sick with a sore throat. I have heard that tea is calming to a raw throat. I don’t know if it works. I hope to read everyone’s answer to this question and find out a great tea to try.
Are any of you tea drinkers? Know of a great tea I should try?