Jan 09 2017

Read the Instructions

Published by at 4:47 pm under creating

I was so excited to get started putting my blocks together for the EnProvence mystery quilt. I scrubbed floors, finished the laundry and began sewing pieces together. I was trying to follow the picture that Bonnie Hunter, the leader of the mystery quilt, had posted of her finished quilt.

I was stressing. I don’t think I have every ripped out so many stitches! LOL I decided to go to Bonnie’s blog and see if there was a better way. Well, she had instructions on how to make 16 blocks and how to make sashing to go with these blocks! So much easier and now, I have 7 blocks finished out of 16.
 photo IMG_2330_zpsmvjd8f1b.jpg

• 10 Responses to “Read the Instructions”

1. Brenda on 09 Jan 2017 at 5:47 pm

That looks beautiful! I really like the colors. I’m glad you were able to find instructions to help you. It’s so frustrating when a project doesn’t work and you have to start over!
      Brenda´s last blog post ..My Week

2. ~Deb on 09 Jan 2017 at 6:24 pm

Wow – you’re up to 7+ completed blocks and counting…WTG! They look wonderful. Good for you for sticking with it to get to that Finish Line!! I’ll keep an eye out 😉
      ~Deb´s last blog post ..Just in time for the New Year – Clue #6 of En Provence is In The Bag!

3. Ramona on 09 Jan 2017 at 7:45 pm

Your block looks great! I had to use my seam ripper a few times as well. Looking forward to seeing your finished top.
      Ramona´s last blog post ..The Center is Finished!

4. V?ra on 09 Jan 2017 at 9:26 pm

Nice one!

5. Vera on 09 Jan 2017 at 9:29 pm

Nice one.
      Vera´s last blog post ..En Provence Mystery

6. Deb Praus on 10 Jan 2017 at 4:48 am

The seam ripper was my friend also. LOL Loving your quilt and the little bit more muted colors!
      Deb Praus´s last blog post ..Monday Mystery/Design Wall

7. Alycia on 10 Jan 2017 at 5:25 am

Good for you! You have a lot of blocks done!! I like your colors too!
      Alycia´s last blog post ..Plenty of Progress???

8. Vireya on 12 Jan 2017 at 6:54 pm

Looking good so far! You know what they say, “When all else fails, read the instructions”!
      Vireya´s last blog post ..One Piece at Last

9. Cheryl in Friendsville on 13 Jan 2017 at 5:46 am

Your block looks great!

10. Kate on 14 Jan 2017 at 9:25 am

Congrats on getting so much done, even with the unstitching. Your blocks turned out beautifully.
      Kate´s last blog post ..Rainbow Scrap Challenge – A Finished Fan