Dec 19 2016

Brrr, It Is Cold Outside

Published by at 10:11 am under creating

I never, ever, thought I would say it but I have been enjoying the cold weather. Schools and churches have been closed which means everyone is supposed to stay home and sew! I got busy working on clue #4 for the En Provence Mystery quilt.

photo IMG_2263_zpssnd4p8z0.jpg

That took a whole day. I was doing laundry and cleaning too so when I got finished, I was ready to work on more projects.

I had tried washing a table runner I made years ago but the spots did not come out. It made me sad but I decided to cut it up and make rug mugs out of it. I made 4 mug rugs that I just have to quilt. I plan on giving them, with a coffee mug and cocoa mix to friends next year. I might be ahead of the game for a change!

My mom and sisters each made one of these wall hangings a few years ago.

photo IMG_2264_zpsilreljoz.jpg It has become one of my favorite Christmas decorations. It was from the Moda bakery on the Moda fabric website. I’m checking to see if this picture shows up better.
 photo IMG_2265_zpssimgglrl.jpg

• 10 Responses to “Brrr, It Is Cold Outside”

1. Jeanette on 19 Dec 2016 at 12:03 pm

These easy clues are giving everyone lots of time for other projects.

2. Ramona on 19 Dec 2016 at 12:35 pm

Your Christmas tree quilts are wonderful. This is my first time participating in the mystery quilt, so I’m glad the clues have been manageable… so far! 🙂

3. Vireya on 19 Dec 2016 at 1:32 pm

Your Christmas tree hanging is lovely. I enjoy having a special Christmas hanging to put up each year for a couple of weeks.
      Vireya´s last blog post ..Numbers

4. Alycia on 19 Dec 2016 at 2:00 pm

Yay for having to stay inside!! I like your tree hanging too – how cute!!
      Alycia´s last blog post ..Quitville Mystery Clue 4

5. gayle on 19 Dec 2016 at 3:08 pm

You’ve got your En Provence blocks very well organized! And good for you to be so caught up!
      That’s a beautiful tree hanging – I’ll have to go check out Moda!

6. Brenda on 19 Dec 2016 at 7:15 pm

That was a great idea to upcycle that table runner and make mug rugs out of them. I have different mug rugs for every month and really enjoy using them.
      Brenda´s last blog post ..Christmas Quenchers Collector’s Bills

7. Nancy on 20 Dec 2016 at 4:28 am

Your pieces of the mystery look so cute lined up in your container. And your machine! Looks like a little cutie! Is it a featherweight?
      Nancy´s last blog post ..Mystery Clue 4 + A Little Christmas!

8. Kate on 20 Dec 2016 at 6:03 am

You’ve done really well at keeping up with the mystery quilt pieces. The Christmas Tree is lovely and what a great keepsake from your family. It was so cold over the weekend here, but I had to venture out a couple of times.
      Kate´s last blog post ..Weekend Stitching: Santa Gifts and Clue 4

9. Teresa in Music City on 20 Dec 2016 at 6:45 am

Hi Karen! You left a comment on my blog asking about whether I have to use any stabilizer on my fabrics when I cut with my Sizzix machine. Unfortunately, you show up as a No-Reply on my email so I couldn’t respond back. Hopefully you get this message :*). To answer your question, No, I don’t have to do anything to the fabric in order to cut it on the Sizzix machine. I simply line it up on the blade platform, in as many as 6 to 12 layers, depending on the thickness of the fabric I’m using, and roll it through the machine. It’s great!!!

10. Karen on 23 Dec 2016 at 4:21 am

Thank you for the information about the Sizzix. I am drooling over it! Merry Christmas.