Jan 21 2013

More About Me

Published by at 1:12 pm under a bit of everything

On this cold, blustery morning, I enjoy participating in the Monday Quiz About Me.
Acting Balanced

1. What was your favorite lunch this past week? My husband brought home nachos from Taco Bell. Not very healthy but it was delicious!
2. Do you shop online? Yes. I do a lot of online shopping. I just ordered a webcam for our business.
3. Do you get the “Winter Blues”? Yes I do. I fight it by reading happy books.
4. Slippers, Socks, Shoes or Bare Feet? I just recently started wearing my slippers. Before that, I wore socks. After slipping a few times, I thought it would be best to start wearing slippers that have those little grippy things on the bottom.

And don’t forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog.

5. Do you play a musical instrument? I used to play the guitar. I wish I hadn’t stopped. I also played the flute in the school band.

• 10 Responses to “More About Me”

1. Linda on 21 Jan 2013 at 2:07 pm

Hi Karen…I only “play at” playing the piano by ear! I WISH I could read music and really play it! (:>)

I love to read “happy books” too, on a cold and gloomy day!

Have a Happy Monday!

Linda
      Linda´s last blog post ..Monday Quiz About Me

2. Mamaw's Place on 21 Jan 2013 at 3:20 pm

I don’t play an instrument unless you count the fact I can play Mary Had a Little Lamb on a piano….but only with my right hand. So I guess that doesn’t qualify me as an instrumentalist. :)
      Mamaw’s Place´s last blog post ..Weekend Wrap Up

3. blueyes on 21 Jan 2013 at 4:01 pm

I learned the recorder in middle school. Do I remember it now? Not in the least.

I am also self taught on the piano, however, if you put me in front of one right now I could only do the basics. I really want to go for proper lessons as I loved playing the piano.
      blueyes´s last blog post ..Monday Quiz About Me #35

4. Judy on 21 Jan 2013 at 4:16 pm

I played the piano and sang. D H played the violin and guitar. All of the children had piano lessons and played instruments in the school bands. My DIL got a piano for Christmas.

5. Josie Two Shoes on 21 Jan 2013 at 4:21 pm

I like books with happy endings just as I like movies with happy endings. To me, there is enough sadness in life without seeking it out for “entertainment”! :-) I played piano when I was growing up, haven’t been near a keyboard in years though. It’s probably still stored in my brain somewhere amidst the cobwebs and dustbunnies. I bet you could re-learn guitar pretty quickly if you tried too! :-)
      Josie Two Shoes´s last blog post ..Monday Quiz – 1/21/13

6. Small Town Mommy on 21 Jan 2013 at 8:07 pm

I play the piano but not terribly well. I took lessons when I was growing up but haven’t continued now that I am older.
      Small Town Mommy´s last blog post ..Grouchy in the Small Town

7. Marvi Marti on 21 Jan 2013 at 9:24 pm

Unless playing the steering wheel like a drum counts, I don’t play a musical instrument. :)

8. jen @ grown in southern ground on 22 Jan 2013 at 12:14 am

not anymore, i played clarinet in 6th grade. i am not musically talented.

9. Wayne on 22 Jan 2013 at 8:16 am

I butchered a clarinet in high school – does that count? I can still read music. Thanks for linking up this week, hope to see you back again next week.
      Wayne´s last blog post ..World less Wednesday – KiDs day

10. jennifer n on 30 Jan 2013 at 8:23 am

i do not play a single musical instrument, i just don’t think i’m coordinated enough for any of it.