Aug 19 2011

T-Shirt Quilt

Published by at 8:30 am under creating

What do you do with all those t-shirts that your kids get when they participate in band, sports, youth group each year? What does one do with all the t-shirts that represent walking to help fund cancer research? You make a quilt! Here is what I have been working on for a dear friend of mine.

t-shirt quilt

• 9 Responses to “T-Shirt Quilt”

1. Rebecca on 19 Aug 2011 at 8:47 am

Oh my gosh– that is so cool! It’s like a fabric yearbook. LOL
      Rebecca´s last blog post ..Friday Fragments: Little Stuff

2. Charla @ Healthy Home Blog on 19 Aug 2011 at 7:42 pm

That is soooo cool! I saved our sons T-shirts from band, church camps, vacations, etc, thinking that I would have a quilt made for him. Maybe someday! 🙂
      Charla @ Healthy Home Blog´s last blog post ..Friendly Friday 8-19-11

3. Matt on 21 Aug 2011 at 3:17 pm

That’s ingenious! My kids outgrow t-shirts so quickly, this is a great way to hold onto the memories of some of their favorite t-shirts without crowding the drawers.
      Matt´s last blog post ..Best Mini Trampoline for Fitness

4. Brenda on 21 Aug 2011 at 4:30 pm

This is a great idea! I have a drawer full of my kids special t-shirts that I’ve saved.
      Brenda´s last blog post ..My Vons Shopping Trip

5. Sue on 22 Aug 2011 at 10:32 pm

Cool idea. My daughter has t-shirts like that from dance classes & girl scouts. Some don’t fit anymore. That would be so neat to make one like that.

🙂
      Sue´s last blog post ..My Daughter Loves Her Heelys (Review)

6. Sushi on 23 Aug 2011 at 1:43 am

wow that’s so cool! where did you get this idea? i think that you really are a very creative person.. i admire you for your uniqueness..
      Sushi´s last blog post ..angry birds for android

7. Peter on 23 Aug 2011 at 5:11 pm

What a unique idea to recycle and reuse those kids tshirt that you dont feel like throwing out. The ones with the charity print are the best too.

8. Mel Lifshitz on 24 Aug 2011 at 9:48 am

You can also donate those shirts but recycling them into a quilt is a very creative idea.

9. Chatbug Karen » Finished T-Shirt Quilt on 30 Aug 2011 at 1:36 pm

[…] had the t-shirt quilt finished and put a label on the back so my friend would always know who put it together for her. I […]