Jun 24 2008

Bring On the Bubble Wrap

Published by at 11:54 am under a bit of everything

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

I sold my sewing machine. I feel like I am losing a familiar friend but it is time to move on. I bought a new machine with the understanding, (agreement with my husband), that I would sell my old machine. It is time to find the bubble wrap and get it shipped to the new owner(s). I hope they enjoy it as much as I did and get more use out of all the features it has.

• 18 Responses to “Bring On the Bubble Wrap”

1. Hadias on 24 Jun 2008 at 2:37 pm

Thank you for commenting on my tackle. It was a great idea to swap out one item to purchase a new item.

Great tackle.

2. Lee on 24 Jun 2008 at 2:49 pm

I can see what you mean. I don’t use mine much, but do have a special relationship with it. I can see how it would be like letting go of a special friend.

3. Ginger on 24 Jun 2008 at 3:01 pm

How exciting! What did you get? I bought new machines in March, *thinking* that I would sell my others. Did I? No. I gave my two old sergers away (one to my sister, and one to a good friend), but kept my sewing machines. I now have all my machines “dedicated”. Too many machines, but I love having them all set up for each of their purposes!

Have fun with your new machine!

4. Marni on 24 Jun 2008 at 3:05 pm

Great tackle. Some times those ‘little’ things are so big.

5. Karen on 24 Jun 2008 at 3:26 pm

I got a new Janome 6600. I love all the stitches it has.

6. Linda Kasper on 24 Jun 2008 at 3:44 pm

It is hard letting a old friend go. Hopefully it will get a great home and bring happy memories for that family. Thanks for the comment. Have a great week.

7. Kim on 24 Jun 2008 at 4:04 pm

It’s hard saying goodbye to an old friend lol. You did good. Making new friends is fun to. I hope it will be as faithful as the last. What are we talking about again? Hee hee! Great tackle!
      Thanks for stopping by.
      Blessings,
      Kim

8. Angela on 24 Jun 2008 at 4:11 pm

Saying goodbye to old friends can be hard… but it’s a little easier when you have a new one to greet you. :)
      Yea for you!

9. Liza's Eyeview on 24 Jun 2008 at 4:11 pm

I know… it’s got some sentimental value – hard to let go even if it’s old…

10. Karen on 24 Jun 2008 at 5:00 pm

You are cracking me up, Kim!

11. Dawn on 24 Jun 2008 at 5:24 pm

I have one and don’t know how to do much with it!
      I wish I did as I have allot of fun patterns and fabrics that my little girl would look so cute in!

I may start to “tackle this next”!

12. Colleen - Mommy Always Wins on 24 Jun 2008 at 6:46 pm

If only I had time to use mine!
      Thanks for visiting!

13. Muthering Heights on 24 Jun 2008 at 9:00 pm

That sounds sad! I personally haven’t figured out how to sew with mine at all, but I can see how you would “bond” with your machine! I hope you get to know your new one quickly! :)

14. Karen on 24 Jun 2008 at 9:24 pm

Thanks for visiting my website and congrats on selling your sewing machine.

15. Morning Rose on 24 Jun 2008 at 10:20 pm

Great tackle! Hope you enjoy your new sewing machine.

16. Lynne on 24 Jun 2008 at 11:00 pm

awww, well, I hope you got a good price for it. I know you’ll be very happy with your new machine! :-D

17. The Happy Housewife on 25 Jun 2008 at 12:06 am

I just bought a new machine. I convinced my husband to let me keep my old one for our daughters. I hope your machine goes to a good home.
      Toni

18. Alana @ Gray Matters on 26 Jun 2008 at 8:52 am

I really wish I knew how to sew. If I ever get any free time – I’m going to take a class. Great tackle!