Mar 04 2008

Tackle It Tuesday

Published by at 9:52 am under entertainment

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Do you see those old magnetic type photo albums? They are not good for all of my pictures. The pictures that I ever so faithfully put into albums over the past thirty years. I was so good yet so bad. I have to get those pictures out of those albums and that is not an easy task. They stick to the pages and I have to work to pry them up without tearing them. There are probably fifty albums. That is my tackle it Tuesday.

If you would like to see what others are tackling go to 5 Minutes For Moms. You might even like to join in. It is a great motivator!

• 12 Responses to “Tackle It Tuesday”

1. corrin on 04 Mar 2008 at 10:45 am

that’s quite a tackle, karen! all my pictures are digital. i’m really bad about getting them printed unless i’m putting one in a frame.

corrin’s last blog post..Tackle it Tuesday

2. Monique on 04 Mar 2008 at 12:35 pm

That’s a very good thing to tackle. As an bigtime scrapbooker myself, I remember the weeks I spent removing pictures from old albums. I had been told it was a lot more important to remove them instead of trying to “transfer” them. So even now, years later I still have photos in boxes. But at least they are safe.

3. Alana on 04 Mar 2008 at 1:48 pm

Good luck with your tackle – that looks like a pretty big endeavor – I’m sure you’ll have a good time going down memory lane.

Alana’s last blog post..Tackle It Tuesday #8 – Duvet Cover 101

4. Jessica on 04 Mar 2008 at 3:45 pm

That sounds like a HUGE tackle that I would not be excited about doing. I would be excited for someone else to do it for me. But I bet you will be so glad when it is done.

Jessica’s last blog post..Tackle It Tuesday-Expired Coupons

5. Julie on 04 Mar 2008 at 3:58 pm

Whoa! What a job! Aah, but the pictures are truly worth it, aren’t they! :-) Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really appreciate that! Have a great day!

Julie’s last blog post..First Prenatal Doctor Appointment Complete!

6. Michelle Potter on 04 Mar 2008 at 3:59 pm

Oh, good tackle! I really need to get my photos transferred from digital form to printed out and in a scrapbook. I’m always so worried about them because data is so easy to lose forever. (I do have two backups, but I still worry.)

Michelle Potter’s last blog post..Wordless Wednesday: Blog Party Giveaway (03/05/2008)

7. Sara on 04 Mar 2008 at 4:02 pm

Ugh! Good luck … about 5 years ago I took all my pictures from my childhood out of these types of albums and put them in photo boxes. I have been meaning ever since to put them in another album and, well, it’s not done yet!

Sara’s last blog post..Tackle it Tuesday: Defund Planned Parenthood

8. Beckie on 04 Mar 2008 at 5:11 pm

Wow! Great tackle!! Me, I have all of my old photos in boxes — they are all crinkly now. Bad, bad, bad!

Enjoy your tackle!!

Blessings, Beckie :o)

9. Karen on 04 Mar 2008 at 9:21 pm

I know. I am scared to death something will happen to them before I get them all sorted.

10. GG on 04 Mar 2008 at 10:47 pm

Hi Karen,
      What a chore! We’ve also had albums like these and had a horrible time removing the photos. I finally found a way to get around the sticking problem for future photographs. While doing a scrapbook for my child for kindergarten titled … All About Me … we put the photos on construction paper to add a colorful frame and to protect it from the sticky stuff. Each photo had its own colored backing. When you press the plastic over the photos, the clear cover still sticks around the edges of the photos, leaving the photos safe from the dangerous grasp of the gummy page. Hope this helps anyone else who decides to use this type of photo album.

GG’s last blog post..Viva Las Vegas!

11. Lynne on 04 Mar 2008 at 11:19 pm

WHOA!! That’s a lot of albums! I guess I don’t have that many only because my photos are in boxes, never even put into albums! Shew, that’s quite a job you’ve got there. :-D

12. Karen on 05 Mar 2008 at 11:20 am

I’m not sure that would be acid free but it sounds like a good start to preserving pictures.