Feb 05 2008

My First Job

Published by at 9:05 pm under a bit of everything

concession_new_mod.jpgI was reading Ann’s blog and her Tuesday’s Question reminded me of my first job. Do you remember your first job? Did you have a job you absolutely hated? I have worked many types of jobs in my life. I have worked in a department store and a furniture store in sales and accounting, respectively, and found that both bored me out of my mind. The most fun job I had was when I drove an ice cream truck. Yes, I was the ice cream lady. I drove a three wheeled truck around the neighborhood and hawked yummy ice cream. My dad was my best customer. He would buy several items each day and probably kept me from getting fired for lack of sales. Tell me about your memorable job.

• 11 Responses to “My First Job”

1. jaki on 06 Feb 2008 at 3:11 am

My favorite job was probably security at a golf course. I just drove around with a guard dog in my golf cart. Crappy pay but great especially on sunny days.

2. Karen on 06 Feb 2008 at 8:23 am

I’ll bet you had a nice tan. I would want to take a nap, being out in the sun all day like that.

3. Lynne on 06 Feb 2008 at 10:47 am

OMG!! That is such a great memory, for all of us! I bet we must certainly have a picture of you and that little 3 wheeler somewhere!

4. Venomous Kate on 06 Feb 2008 at 2:45 pm

My first job wasn’t memorable: I schlepped pizzas at a Godfather’s restaurant.

My second job is the one I loved most, though (well, before problogging): I was a disc jockey at a college punk rock radio station in Seattle. I sported a pink mohawk at the time and was known, on air, as “the girl named Bob”. (Can’t remember the reasons for either, though.)

5. Karen on 06 Feb 2008 at 7:25 pm

OMG Kate! I have to see pictures of that pink hair. That cracks me up that you can’t remember why you were called “the girl named Bob”.

6. Karen on 06 Feb 2008 at 7:28 pm

You would have thought we would have a picture somewhere but I don’t. I was too busy with a boyfriend and that kind of stuff.

7. Karen on 06 Feb 2008 at 7:39 pm

trying out the updated comment luv plugin

8. Dan on 07 Feb 2008 at 10:02 am

My first job was a bus boy at a small restaurant. The pay was horrible, but it was one of the only jobs I could find at 14 years old. I think the pay was something like $2/hr + tips. The upside was that I would get a free meal. The downside was the bad pay, and the smelling like grease and food after leaving the restaurant.

9. Karen on 07 Feb 2008 at 12:06 pm

14! Wow Dan, you were young. At least they fed you.

10. Lynne on 07 Feb 2008 at 12:11 pm